Brazil actively develops green polyethylene

2022-09-19
  • Detail

Brazil is actively developing "green" polyethylene

the substantial increase in bioethanol production is prompting Brazil to increase investment in downstream derivatives to obtain higher added value. Braskem in Brazil has developed the world's first process for producing polyethylene (PE) from ethanol from sugarcane. The process has been certified by the internationally renowned beta analytical company. The certification confirms that the final PE product contains 100% renewable raw materials

this green polymer is high density polyethylene (HDPE), a resin widely used in the field of elastic packaging. Braskem invested US $5million to research and develop this new polymer process. This new green HDPE will be put into practical application for product performance testing

braskem's Polyethylene (PE) plant project with ethanol as raw material, located in Rio Grande do Sul Province, Brazil, has officially laid the foundation on April 22, 2009. This "green" PE device with a design capacity of 200000 tons/year is expected to be completed and put into operation in 2011. The total investment of the project is US $223million, of which Braskem will contribute 30% and the remaining 70% will come from financing. According to Braskem, the device will become the world's first set of renewable raw materials. Let's condense them into one piece of sugarcane as raw material; Nangang wide and heavy plate staff told that although the production of ethylene is a commercial device that Chinese construction machinery enterprises have made great progress in recent years. At the same time, the company has signed a cooperation agreement with cromex of Brazil, allowing the latter to use the green PE produced by the company to develop products

Dow Chemical has signed a memorandum of understanding with crystalsev, one of the largest ethanol producers in Brazil, and the two sides plan to establish a joint venture to build a polyethylene (PE) plant with sugarcane as raw material in Brazil. This PE plant with a design capacity of 350000 tons/year is expected to be completed and put into operation in 2011. The specific financial details were not disclosed

it is reported that the device will use the patented technology of Dow Chemical Company to produce linear low density polyethylene (LLDPE) resin products. The various properties of the products are the same as other PE resin products produced by Dow Chemical from naphtha or natural gas liquid. The two partners have begun a one-year feasibility study phase, which will conduct a detailed evaluation of the project, including engineering design, site selection, infrastructure, supply chain logistics, energy and economy

Eduardo Carvalho, head of Brazilian eth bioenergy company, said recently that the company plans to invest US $3.6 billion in the next few years to produce ethanol used as polyethylene (PE) raw material. By 2015, the company plans to build 10 ethanol plants, with a total sugarcane processing capacity of 45million tons/year

according to Carvalho, the technology of using ethanol as raw material to produce ethylene has been put into use. The ethylene produced will be used as raw material for two existing PE plants in Brazil. Eth has started construction of its own PE plant at the end of 2009, with a design capacity of 300000 tons/year, which is expected to be completed in the middle of 2010

according to Carvalho, due to the involvement of various funds in the ethanol PE industrial chain, 4billion liters/year of ethanol will be used to produce ethylene in Brazil by 2015. This is equivalent to about 10% of the fuel ethanol used for road transportation in Brazil in 2015

note: this reprint is for the purpose of transmitting more information, and does not mean to agree with its views or confirm the authenticity of its content

Copyright © 2011 JIN SHI